Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fake Easy Peasy Healthy Risotto with Sage


As I was walking the dog I noticed I still had sage in the garden,
not springy bright but adequate for cooking and smelling nice.
So having no idea about dinner I decided to please my husband
with this tasty invention of mine he loves..I call it fake risotto
 because there is no onion , wine or stirring....

ingredients following :

brown rice it takes longer to cook, follow instructions on packet.
sachets of broth ..usually I always have homemade broth in the
freezer but being between 2 houses I cant be bothered and this brand
by a french chef is just tops...
fresh sage
butter
cream
parmesan cheese





cook the rice with water and broth.
cut the sage with scissors , fry it in butter and add the cream
if you are being good use light cream...
mix all together with a dash of pepper...
top with grated parmesan  cheese.













and if you want to be decadent drizzle with white truffle oil..it's exquisite...




No comments:

Post a Comment