Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fruit and Vegetables in Hyderabad





one of the greatest pleasure in India is to stroll in the
food markets...
unfortunately I did not have time to go to the spice markets
the smells of the spice market are to die for...
but I always leave India knowing I have to go back and often to
the same places as I always think I missed something...


Bananas

Oranges,grapes and bananas
Coconuts

A coconut ready to drink

Beautiful cucumbers 

cannot figure out if they are peas...or else ?

grilled corn on the cob

corn
papayas
are they cherries?

peanuts


betel wrappers I think !

Pomegranate

Nimbu soda or nimbu pani
best drink:  lemon with soda or plain water
sweet or sour 

Coriander or Cilantro

Chick peas with lime tomatoes and coconut
a feast for the eyes..

Sometimes I'm in doubt about some products please bear with me and correct me...

1 comment:

  1. These are so vibrant I can almost smell the spices. I am wondering if I have finally found Gwen back in the days when you had one nanny and only one child and when I left I headed off to India for a little while If so I have been saving something for you and it would be so amazing to catch up. Let me know and perhaps I can call you?

    ReplyDelete