Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

my garden borlotti


                                   INGREDIENTS
  1. half a kilo of fresh borlotti beans 
  2. two big garlic cloves unpeeled
  3. three fresh sage leaves
  4. olive oil
  5. rice vinegar
  6. chopped parsley
  7. coarse salt and pepper                                 
    Well with the horrid weather I had to cook my borlottis with my lamb...
Every year I grow borlotti beans in my garden..they mature in september and I always keep bags of them in the freezer to add to vegetable soups in the winter , or cook them the italian way...



In a thick cocotte , cover the beans with cold water , add the garlic, the sage and coarse salt , bring to the boil and then simmer about an hour until the beans are cooked but not mushy ..
discard the sage and the garlic .

put in a bowl a ladle of beans and the same amount of cooking liquid , a table spoon of vinegar, a dash of pepper and olive oil .
mash with a plunging mixer or by hand.
mix the puree with the beans , cook for another fifteen minutes , if the mix is too thick add a little hot water , scatter the parsley on top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment